January 22, 2007

Go Colts

38-34 (Go Colts!)

I am so happy right now. Yesterday's battle between New England and Indy was one of the best games I have ever seen. Well, the second half anyway. And of course the secret to their success was the fact that at halftime I switched to the other side of the booth and Geo stood in a different place and it changed the direction of the game. Because you know how much sense that makes.

My favorite Peyton quote is:

"I said a little prayer on that last drive," Manning said. "I don't know if you're supposed to pray for stuff like that, but I said a little prayer."

Me too. Well, it was more of a promise to The Pro Football God that if he helped the Colts win I would give him one hell of a blowjob in the afterlife. Or Geo, if that's the way he swings. Geo doesn't know I volunteered him too but it's all for the greater good. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Since the 99-00 season Indianapolis has been my dark horse in the running when they make the playoffs. It's a bit weird to be screaming and pulling for a team so bad that isn't even your own, but there it was. That last drive was insanity, my voice is just about gone but it has two weeks to heal.

And the fact that the victory came against New England is like the icing, frosting, whipped cream, cherry, bowl of creme brulee, big fucking pile of money on top of the cake. (I need one of those shirts, "My football team is the Raiders and anyone playing New England.") Kwame and I were talking this morning about how unsettling it was to watch the game, because it seems in every New England playoff game there's always some weird thing that happens in their favor and we were both just waiting for it. I don't think I could scream louder even if I won the lottery, than I did when Brady threw that interception. The only thing that would have made the game better would be if Vinatieri had kicked a game-winning field goal.

So to sum up, the team that has been my dark horse for 7 years, with the QB I love, who has choked in so many playoff games, beat the team that I despise more than any other and is going to the Super Bowl. It's a good day.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: