September 11, 2002



September 11th
I don't think I can say anything that I haven't already said in the past... One year has gone by and I think people are healing. Maybe some more swiftly than others, I know it's especially hard for those of us who live in the tri-state area to move on. Even if your everyday routine is still the same, something is still different. People say it's worse in the Middle East and that we should be thankful we only started to feel fear now. What those people don't realize is that type of fear is unnatural. Walking down the street and wondering if the truck you're walking past is about to blow up is unnatural. Sitting on a plane and wondering if there's a bomb on it is unnatural. People with C4 strapped around their middles are unnatural. I don't think it's very fair to criticize a society because they believe in freedom instead of fear. Anyway I won't use today as a political platform...

Tributes From The Philippines
Charity Sites

One good thing that came out of September 11th is that people began to see that there were more important things in life than what society worships. They began to see their lives weren't so bad. They began to see where they could help others who don't have the same opportunities they were afforded, not just with money but with their own time and effort. I hope that's a lasting effect.

No comments: