June 12, 2006

I Love My People

I Love My People

Mango just sent me an e-mail with this video and the sentence "Asian people frighten me."


We're all insane. Well, most of us. The others we lock up and don't talk about. Seriously though, I cried tears of joy during this video. I would so do this for shits and giggles.

Top 7 Reasons I Like Being Asian

7. We can do math. All of us. We may not all be able to explain in English how we came by our solutions but we have them and they're right.
6. We're naturally skinny. Even fat Asian people are still thin by everyone else's standards. Except Sumo wrestlers, but they do it on purpose.
5. We are family-oriented. Or is it family oriental.
4. People think twice about messing with us because we roll deep and all know karate.
3. We can eat more hot dogs than you.
2. If we get into car accidents we can just pretend we didn't see them with our chinky eyes, then say the insurance company is being racist when they blame us.

And the number one reason...

1. The food. There is nothing better than going out for salt and pepper squid, dried sauteen string beans, Cantonese-style snails, Peking-style pork chops, egg custards, mango ice cream and lychee bubble tea. Or sushi, tempura shrimp, miso soup, teriyaki salmon, pork katsu and mochi. Or lechon kawali, palabok, lumpia shanghai, buko pandan, cassava cake and melon drink. Yum.

No comments: