January 7, 2002

Give A Mouse A Cookie...

Give A Mouse A Cookie...

Should there be some sort of etiquette to begging for money? We always go by this intersection by 1 and 9 in Jersey City and there's always this white kid standing there asking for money. Now that in itself is no big deal but he's always wearing mad gear. His Jordans cost more than my entire outfit. Isn't it kind of rude for him to be dressed nice and then be out there perpetrating like he has no money to feed himself? And there's this guy I used to give a dollar to every now and then outside Newark Penn and one time I didn't have any change and he cursed me out. What the fuck?? Shouldn't you be out stealing cars? Anyway this topic came up because of a story Geo told me this morning as we waited for the damn bus. Some chic came up to him on Friday and bummed a cigarette. So he gives her one. Then she asks if he knows of a place for her to stay. He says no. So then she asks for fifty cents and he just says "Man get the fuck out of here, you're asking for too much already."

We went to a "debut" on Friday night..for you non-Filipinos it's one of those "introduction to society" cotillion-type thingys. We were two hours late for the evening's festivities, heaven forbid Filipinos ever get anywhere on time. That would be like the seventh sign of the Apocalypse. Anyway, about ten minutes in I start feeling really old. Yes, I realize I'm only 25. But almost every person in that room under the age of 50 was in high school. I graduated from high school NINE YEARS ago!! Nine fricken years. I don't even remember what the hell I was doing last month and high school was nine years ago.

No comments: