January 10, 2002

Late Night TV

Late Night TV
Is it me or is late night TV getting even more graphic than usual?? I was watching Sex and the City the other day and apparently in my yearlong absence, all sorts of new and exciting things have occured. Charlotte is with Special Agent Cooper who has one of those too-close relationships with his mother... Miranda has been impregnated by the Man With One Ball... and Samantha is a lesbian. WTF?? I miss one season and the world has gone astray. So they're showing Samantha going down on her lady (you see her face and two bent knees) when Carrie's narration goes "And then Samantha found out that women can be squirters" and all of a sudden a jet stream of milky white liquid hits Samantha in the eye. Whaaaaaaaat??? I had to check the channel to make sure I didn't accidentally put it on Spice. But I don't even think Skinemax or Spice shows that stuff. Crazy ass HBO. But then again, if they can discuss male coital relations in prison so vividly (OZ) then why not this?

Random note: I heard my new phrase of the week today. I was outside my building chillen with my smoking crew (Drew, Mo, Afrodite...Mike G was conspicuously absent) and I mentioned seeing Jessica Alba on Letterman once. Drew says "who?" Mo says "That chic from 'Dark Angel.'" And Drew says "Oh yeah her...she's mint."

Anyway Lani is going to kill me because her hatred of Sarah Michelle Gellar has quintipled with the announcement of her engagement to Freddie Prinze Jr., but I am officially addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In my defense, it has everything to do with the fact that Spike is THE BOMB. That's all that needs to be said about him. They need to give him his own show. If that wus Angel can have his own show, Spike should have his own channel.

No comments: