March 11, 2002

Just Another Manic Monday

Just Another Manic Monday

I'm super busy at work today but still taking a few minutes to update this weblog. I'll keep doing it throughout the day. I figure it keeps me sane. Got a meeting in the city today though, which will put a nice big cramp in my quality blogging time.

I saw 40 Days and 40 Nights yesterday evening. It's not normally the type of movie I would go watch in the theatre but a bunch of my friends were going. My Dad has always said there are certain types of movies you go to the theatre for and as I got older I saw what he meant. There's no point in paying $18.00 to see "Corky Romano" in 20-foot living color. Anyway so I actually liked 40 Days, it's still a rental but I didn't feel cheated out of my ticket money or anything. My girl Shannyn Sossamon is in it which helps. Plus Josh Hartnett is a definite hottie which helps even more. The movie has a decent plot, lukewarm ending and fun characters. The intellectual pothead from Road Trip plays Hartnett's roommate which was an unexpected fringe benefit. I think I was already biased towards this movie before I even saw it because the commercial uses David Bowie's song "Under Pressure" in it which is one of my favorite songs from the 80's.

Speaking of earlier posts...what kind of conversation is this to have after my whole post on apathy:

Me: My friend Ben asked what the deal was with Ethiopian Restaurants. I must admit I share his confusion. Ethiopia is not really known for food is it... one can even make a claim that it is known for a distinct lack of food.
George: Maybe it's "Bring your own food."
Me: Kind of like vacationing in North Dakota. "Bring your own sunlight and beaches."

No comments: