April 17, 2002

Wednesday Morning Ranting and Doc Holliday

Wednesday Morning Ranting and Doc Holliday

So I'm reading the NY Post today and I come across this article about some "successful" sting operation the NYPD ran to catch cigarette-smugglers, who are selling cartons to people without taxing them the $17 bucks (!!!) they're supposed to. Apparently this is a big fucking deal. Is it me or do police departments as a whole seem to have bizarre priorities. Let people who want to kill themselves with smoke do it. I severely doubt any underage people have $35 to spare to buy cartons. Except maybe the drug dealers. But then you've got bigger problems. I'm sorry, am I not elucidating with crystal clarity Mr. Police Commissioner? Let me try again...

FUCK THE CIGARETTE SMUGGLERS!!! WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PEOPLE WHO STOLE GEORGE'S CAR? WHY ARE THEY NOT IN JAIL GETTING FUCKED UP THE ASS BY THEIR CELLMATE BUBBA?? WHY CAN'T THE JERSEY CITY POLICE FIND THESE MOTHERFUCKERS, WHEN THEY'VE STOLEN 5 FUCKING CARS IN 3 FUCKING DAYS ON A 12-FOOT STRETCH OF REAL ESTATE ON MY BLOCK??? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Okay I'm over it.

Okay I just read an even better story... the parents of the 15-year old Bin Laden sympathizer who stole a plane and crashed it into a building are SUING the drug company that makes his acne medicine. They blame the acne medicine for his actions. Talk about taking the phrase "passing the buck" to a whole new level.

ATTENTION IDIOTIC PARENTS: DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY YOUR IDIOTIC FUCKING SON DID WHAT HE DID?? BECAUSE HE WAS FUCKING DISTURBED. AND MAYBE IF YOU HAD BEEN BETTER FUCKING PARENTS, YOUR SON WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS A PRETTY FUCKING GOOD IDEA TO STEAL A FUCKING PLANE AND TRY TO CREATE HIS OWN SEPTEMBER 11TH. What fucking world do we live in. No accountability whatsoever. It's okay for women to drown their babies because their husbands aren't supportive enough... it's okay for sexual predators to molest kids because they were molested as a kid... it's okay for murderers to kill at will because the justice system is flawed... it's okay for women to smoke crack while they're 6 months pregnant with a child they've decided to keep or change their minds and abort that same fetus at 6 months, because it's their bodies and no one else's... it's okay for car thieves to steal fucking cars because the U.S job market and educational institutions are racially or economically biased... it's okay for terrorists to fly planes into the World Trade Center because the U.S. is friends with Israel and has bases in Saudi Arabia... it's okay for our own country to abandon our vets when they return home from fighting our battles and live in mental anguish on the streets. I don't fucking understand all this shit. It's NOT okay and it shouldn't ever be.

*Okay Riss...breathe...breathe...*

I need to go to my happy place. Let's talk Tombstone... the movie, not the thing. I watched it again for the hundredth time last night and let me just say that if anyone was ever overlooked for an Oscar it was Val Kilmer in 1993 for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. Bad-motherfucking-ass performance. You can quote me on that. One of the best scenes in the movie is when Creek Johnson asks Doc why he's part of "The Reckoning." Doc answers that Wyatt Earp is his friend and Creek says "Hell I got lots of friends." Doc says, "I don't." God I love that movie. "I'm your Huckleberry."