June 7, 2002

It's Friday Already??

It's Friday Already??

My friend Dave sent out a handycap (is that how you spell it? Is it "handicap" as in "Don't park here" or "handycap" as in a handy recap of events?? Just kidding. I know it's "handicap" but I think "handycap" is more apropos) of the Belmont Stakes and War Emblem's shot at the Triple Crown. My take is that everyone needs to just settle down because you all ain't seen horse racing yet baby. Wait until I have my ranch and get my racehorse GET AT ME DOG!!! Then you're going to see the Michael Jordan, John Elway and Wayne Gretzky of all racehorses. I have a question... if War Emblem wins the Triple Crown does that mean he has a guaranteed spot on ESPN's 50 Greatest Athletes of the 21st Century list?? I want to know now since I won't be around to see the unveiling of the list. Secretariat, Citation and... who was the last one... Man O' War?? I'm pretty sure it was Man O' War because the last horse was one from back in the day. I remember sitting at ESPN Zone watching it scroll on the sides and cracking up that the list had 3 horses on it. Anyway, can someone call ESPN and ask if War Emblem will be guaranteed on the list because I want to know and I'm probably not going to be alive in 2099. Just a hunch. Regardless, I'm thinking of heading over there tomorrow. It should be pretty fun...

No comments: