January 15, 2003

Catfight

It was brought to my attention that some viewers (200 out of 20 million) were disturbed by Miller's "Catfight" commercial (the one I thought was funny as hell, which apparently makes me about as sensitive as a pinecone.) My favorite quote (courtesy of one of the many feminist lesbians that monitor commercials with an eagle eye) was: "'Every time I see it, I cringe,'' says Laura Ries, an image guru. ''It's explicit. It's degrading. It has no real message, except all men are idiots and all they think about are girls mud wrestling.'' Um... DUH. It's a beer commercial, not an ad for Sensitive Men United. I don't actually know if that organization exists but I'm sure something like it does, some type of support group for men who haven't come out of the closet yet.

No comments: