January 18, 2004

Title Games

Title Games

You know what I forgot to say last Sunday? "DESTINY" MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, Go Colts!!! They've been my dark horse for the last few years, and every year SOMEBODY screws up *cough cough* But this year Peyton is kicking ass. So even though the Pats are so damn good and so hot at home (even in the snow, fucking bastards, I haven't forgotten that game against my Raiders two years ago) I am still pulling for Indianapolis. Come on Colts defense, show that pretty boy New England quarterback what you can do HAHA.


4 minutes and 44 seconds into the game: Greeeeaaaaaat.

Okay with 8 left in the 4th I must change the channel for a few minutes and calm down. That last interception almost gave me an aneurysm. If Philly loses I just might have one. Anyone else think that during half-time, Pats fans go to the concession stands and order tea and crumpets? Maybe get their shoes shined?

So You've Got Mail is on TNT. I surfed on over there hoping that by some television miracle, Law and Order might just happen to be on. Meg Ryan is the only person ever that can make having an online affair seem like a cute thing to do.

Okay 1st and Goal. I still believe. No really, I do. YES!!!!!! Okay so the Pats' offense has acted as if the Colts' defense isn't even there but with 2 minutes and 27 seconds left in the game, THAT STOPS HERE!!!!! No really, it does. Commercial break. Time for my random thought of the hour. Last night I heard the weirdest phrase... "Jason Priestley stars in..." My first thought was "Huh? He's still alive?" but then I felt instantly guilty because I remembered he almost died a few years ago because he thinks he's a race car driver. You know, the way Jennifer Lopez thinks she's an actress. And Shaq thinks he's a musician. But the real reason I thought that phrase was weird is because I haven't seen Jason Priestley on television since 90210 was in prime time. Other than the time HBO ran Tombstone where he played a cowboy gangbanger clingon with gay tendencies.

The game's over and I'm bitter. But that's okay. Irshmf jrs frbol (that's me obligingly mumbling "It's just football.") Well every cloud has a silver lining, choking in the AFC title game is better than choking in the first round of the playoffs right. And at least I like the Eagles AND Carolina. Imagine if it were a Green Bay-New England Super Bowl? I'd watch it I guess but it'd be like choosing between having your naked body covered in fire ants or being papercutted 500 times then bathed in lemon juice.

No comments: