May 25, 2004

Okay after my conversation with Geo that just took place I need to satisfy my curiousity and do more research. Coincidentally, we had this conversation and he doesn't even know what my last post was about.

Me: My friends Alyssa and Andy in Cali just had a new baby, she's beautiful. Come look.
Geo: Yeah she is.
Me: Dammit some of my friends HERE need to have kids. We need to join a parenting club.
Geo: Like what?
Me: I don't know, some club for young Filipino parents in Jersey City.
Geo: Yeah you don't want to do that, it'll be like that Couples for Christ thing that chick wanted us to join.
Me (jokingly): Maybe we should have.
Geo: But we're already married. They match up single people and get them to marry and have kids.
Me: For real or are you bullshitting???
Geo: I think it's real. "Are you insecure? We can find someone for you."
Me: Haha that's fucked up.
Geo: Seriously though. You join them and a month later you're married to someone you didn't know.
Me: No wonder you didn't enjoy the meeting. There you are in your single, sexual prime and there those inconsiderate people are trying to get you to settle down and have kids.
Geo (sarcastically): Ha ha.
Me: Hey it's better than sitting around in a room drinking cyanide and thinking you're gonna wake up in a spaceship riding on Haley's Comet.

So I went on the Couples For Christ website and read their mission statement and I think I'm going to go with Geo on this one. But now I'm sad because dangit we need more friends in the area with young kids. All our friends with kids live at least half an hour away. We need local peoples. And by "local peoples" I mean local, non-drug-addicted, non-any-one-of-these-10-guys-could-be-the-father peoples.

No comments: