September 24, 2004

Friday Back and Forth E-mails

Back and Forth E-mails

So Mike sends me and Tony this article about Prague's Beer for Blood campaign. It set off a chain of e-mails that makes me glad Yahoo increased the memory of our accounts.

Tony: "The Czechs are the world's largest per-capita consumers of beer, knocking back 162 litres per person last year." Hmmm... anyone up for a trip?
Mike: That's 42.8 gallons of beer. Which is 342.4 pints of beer. Which is 5478.4 ounces of beer. One can of beer is 12 ounces so that's 456.54 cans of beer per year! Which is $22.88 cents in deposit money. (Editor's Note: Once again, Mike is paid a shitload of money to do very little at work)
Me: I've always wanted to go to Prague!
Mike: Hey Tony, lots of white women and beer!
Tony: I'm there! And let's drop by Hungary. Wow... now i'm excited. I'm actually going to Amsterdam next year too. After Spain.
Mike: I've been to Spain... My first experience where it's normal for women
to go topless. I wanna go back.
Me: I've already been to Amsterdam. Not that interested in banging hookers (who are clean because they're unionized) but I'll help you guys pick some out from the window.
Mike: Do they have a drive-up?
Tony: Hahaha drive-through hooking. I'm going to Spain for the running of the bulls.
Me: Oh my God you really are crossing over. Only white people do that kind of stuff. When you see the replays it's all white people running through the streets being chased by bulls.
Mike: You're crazy. And that's coming from a guy who eagerly runs into burning buildings while everyone else is running out.
Me: More importantly, that's coming from a white guy.
Tony: Oh no, I'M not running it. Eric is. I'm just videotaping it.
Mike: Ok that's even CRAZIER. A) You NEED to be where he is in order to film it so guess what Tony, you are running. And B) You're not even going to be paying attention to the bulls but to a video camera. Please leave me the names and numbers of all your hot Asian girls before you leave.
Me: And add me to your life insurance policy. Thanks.
Tony: I'm just gonna be in one spot and tape. He just wants footage that he did actually do it. I ain't stupid enough to go chasing behind him!
Me: Yeah right. You're going to be standing there with the camera all drunk and shit and all of a sudden it's "Fuck it, let's DO THIS!!!!"
Mike: Yeah some white chick with a D chest in a bikini top that you're standing next to is gonna jump in and start running.. And then there goes Tony.
Me: More power to him as long as my name is on that policy.

By the way, I'm not just being sterotypical here. Do a Google image search on "Pamplona" and see who runs "with" the bulls. That always cracks me up, running "with" the bulls. It implies some sort of naturistic bonding, outside of being gored in the ass with a horn. In reality though you are all technically running, they are running AT you and you are running FROM them.

No comments: