September 11, 2004

Three Years Later

Three Years Later

I don't know that I can actually formulate thoughts on this topic. It still makes me sick. I still can't look at memorials, or watch television footage of September 11th or even browse through memorial websites. It's not that I want to pretend it didn't happen, just that I am trying to avoid the rage the images evoke. I'm tired of reading how American foreign policy is responsible as opposed to terrorists on hijacked planes, tired of watching people criticize the country that has allowed them to prosper so they can sit on their fat asses in their air-conditioned offices and complain about it and tired of listening to people shift the blame for the tragedy onto everyone except on whom it belongs. No, I don't buy into the whole child rapists who were molested as children aren't responsible for their actions bullshit either. So for today I'm just going to offer up prayers for the people who were lost, the families who lost them, our soldiers abroad and the civilians caught in the middle.

No comments: