January 16, 2005

Divisional Playoffs

Divisional Playoffs

I think the Jets kicker Doug Brien jizzed in his pants after Ben Roethlisberger turned the ball over with 1:30 left in the game. But while he was warming up his leg I couldn't tell if he was thinking "Please God let them score without me" or "Please God give me a shot to be the hero." Yeah okay he was thinking the first one. The woman in me is going "Poor guy" but the other 98% of me is like "Dude, if you can't make those kicks in the playoffs then you shouldn't be playing football. Try knitting or something."

"The referree giveth and the referree taketh away." Heh.

Coming into the game I was pulling for the Jets, because I figured they'd be easier for Indianapolis or Philly to beat. But after awhile I just didn't want the Steelers to go out like that. But Ben Roeth better steel (hee) those nerves otherwise they're going to get eaten up next week. The Pats' safeties are going to be coming back with those overthrown passes of his.

Mike J wanted to watch Deuce Bigelow but I told him we had to watch the Atlanta-St. Louis game.

Mike: Since when are you an Atlanta fan?
Me: Since they got Michael Vick.
Mike (2 minutes later after watching Vick avoid a sack then run the ball for a first down): Oh my God, is that their quarterback?
Me: Yup. Told you.

Michael Vick rocks. It is so awesome watching quarterbacks like him and Donovan McNabb because you know there's less of a chance that he'll get trapped in the pocket. Yeah okay.. seven minutes into the first and three touchdowns. I guess there will be no defense here.

Overall I was pretty disappointed. The Jets game was only close because the Steelers QB was choking (yeah I know, he's a rookie, let's cut him some slack.) The Atlanta game was ridiculous. The Eagles game wasn't much of a challenge, they didn't even need to play the fourth quarter. Then again the Vikings (and Rams) shouldn't have been in the playoffs anyway. I mean come on .500? And the Colts game blew. Can I just whine about how I hate watching teams get thrown off by the snow? It's like betting on a horse race and finding out your horse only has one leg. I hate the fucking Patriots. I mean yeah, they're an awesome team and all blah blah but I still can't stand them. No I'm still not bitter about the bullshit game in the snow versus the Raiders (pass interference my fucking ass).

GO EAGLES!!!! Well, or anyone who is playing the Patriots in the end. Bill Belichick is amazing though (but I still hate them.)

No comments: