January 14, 2005

Renewing the Vows In 2008

Renewing the Vows In 2008

Geo and I had initially thought to renew our marriage vows with a few close friends and family in Hawaii, which still might be the plan. But people around me keep discussing weddings and now I'm starting to think maybe we should have a big one locally instead. I mean, I've had the big huge wedding before but Geo hasn't. And although (being that he's a guy) the lack of a big wedding doesn't bother him, it'd be nice to celebrate with everyone we care about instead of the ten or so people that would actually be able to go to Hawaii with us in May.

I've decided to pretend plan our wedding on the assumption that we will be filthy fricken rich by then. Because who wants to pretend plan a dream renewal-of-vows wedding using an actual budget. How pointless is that. Back to the plans, I considered a wedding cruise but couldn't decide if it was neat or corny. Plus there wouldn't be any merpeople cheering from the water like in The Little Mermaid so that would be kind of a letdown. I've already been married in a church, so being that I don't want to be responsible for lightning striking any historic structures, and being that eternal damnation wouldn't be very comfortable, an outdoor wedding would be ideal.

So Geo and I decided on having it at Lambert Castle. Would any of you still come if I stipulated that you had to come in costume? No, not like Spiderman or the Whorish French Maid, but in a period costume. Perhaps from the Renaissance or eighteenth century France. Like Marie Antoinette, only without the whole storming of the palace and beheading. The main problem I foresee are the men... The groomsmen and other male guests would be willing to wear tights for such a momentous occasion right? Yeah okay, we'll go with something Vera Wang-esque.

Like this dress. And my bridesmaids can wear this. Right. Let me smoke a few vials first and get right on that. Those dresses are like what rich crackheads wear, when they decide to break away from the pipe long enough to take some vows. Oh my God look at this one. This designer is the Lewis Carroll of the fashion world. Okay I'm digressing as usual but it was fun.

So I could go with something traditional like this dress, but I've already done the big poofy white thing so nahhh. After much googling and signing up at random wedding sites, I decided I will be wearing this dress by St. Pucchi in lavender of course... and my bridesmaids will be rocking the Vera Wang bridesmaids dress #29 in Carnation (a cream color, for you hetero men out there.) For accessories, I intend to rock a small amethyst tiara of some sort. I'd been ogling this Victorian-style necklace instead but I think I'd be committing the cardinal fashion sin of over-accessorizing, since the wedding dress is already ornate.



For my bouquet, I want something similar to the one Geo made me when we got married in our civil ceremony, but in a mango color. For the cake, something a bit funky, like this one or the blue one. For the groom's cake I liked this one, but only because Geo and I are both partial to chocolate-covered strawberries. And for the centerpieces, something that involves peach roses and tulips (but not this, this is just a vase with flowers in it).

Mark your calendars people, on May 17, 2008 we will all be dancing the night away in corsets, puffy gowns and tights. And that's just the guys.

Aud wants her ceremony to be on August 14, 2010 at the old St. Patrick's cathedral in Little Italy, and her reception to be at the Tribeca Rooftop. Her dress will be from the Vera Wang collection, number 8 and her bridesmaids will also be rocking #29 in Chestnut. "It don't matta" to us that we picked the same dress, we'll only have one of the dress each. But poor G will have two of them, one in each color. Oh man we had a giggle over that one. Hey, at least it's a nice dress. Aud would like her wedding to be funky and different, yet of course really nice. She envisions kind of an "immigrant motif" to her wedding, which I think will be lots of fun considering she is half-Filipino and half-Puerto Rican. Hey if that motif extends to the food, I'll have to let some seams out of #29 after dinner.

My favorite quote of the conversation with Aud: "You know, I'm not sure I want the whole marriage afterwards but I sure as hell want the wedding. Now we just have to find the boy!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this sound like someone we know?

My Fake Wedding by Mina Ford

Review Summary
Katie has decided to give up on men. But sex is still allowed and what follows is the search for a partner who doesn't want a relationship. Throw in some homosexual friends, a wedding to receive a green card, a bunch of men who actually want a relationship, losing a job and starting a new business and you have quite a book. Katie's best friend Sam is also looking like stud material to her, and her other best friend is marrying an older man for his money-if only he would pop the question.

Mike J

Blog ho said...

If you invite me, I promise to wear either my Hulk costume (purple pants and nothing else) or my orange jumpsuit a la 6 million dollar man. And I'll bring my baffled wife.

"who is this riss?"

"some asian girl I like"

"we're SO not going."

Blog ho said...

damn it! now I read the article and jealousy turns to envy. I hate you. You come off as so damn cool. I can't remember how I found out about you, but I swear it was legit. Then, I read this:

Hey, what's up with the link called tequilashots and what appears to be a hot asian chick. How comes I've never seen this before?
Amo Agave | Email | Homepage | 01.14.05 - 3:27 pm |

You know how many people have referred to me as the hot asian dude? Zero.

Riss said...

BH: Well you have to be more stealthy than that. "Who is this Riss?" "Huh? I thought she was one of your friends. Oh well, we're already here. And in costume no less." Then we can sneak around and pants people but they won't know it's us because we'll be in costume.

G. said...

i can't wait for your weddings! i don't mind having two of the same dress (in diff colors of course). atleast you're not FORCING me into some ugly number!

*sniff*sniff*... i am trully lookin forward to it!

love you riss and aud!

Riss said...

Kwam: No silly, as the black man in costume you'd be confused with the DJ.

P.S. - I'll get to crackin on Kesha's resume, sorry!

G: We love you too, and it's good you don't mind having two of the same dress haha!

Riss said...

BH: SO goes the vast cruelties of life. You know, I've never been referred to as a hot white chick either.

Anonymous said...

me too, me too. i want to plan a fake wedding too!

-janelle

Rayray said...

matt and i are crashing even if we're not invited. every wedding needs an international gay couple.

Anonymous said...

Since we're already in tights; why don't we go all the way and go in drag? The ladies can go in drag too.

Mike J