February 25, 2005

Countdown

Countdown

5 Topics Geo and I Just Discussed On The Phone

1. Ligers (when a male lion is crossbred with a female tiger). Geo introduced this topic because he heard it on Howard this morning, and was reminded of it when he ran over roadkill. Don't ask.
2. Tigons (when a male tiger is crossbred with a lioness). Ligers and Tigons and Bears, oh my! Oh and how Star Jones is a big fat whale or whatever Howard said.
3. Poo...

Me: Come to the bathroom with me.
Geo: Do I have a choice?
Me: Yes, you have a little red button on your phone to hang up.
Geo: No, I'm not rude like some people and hang up without saying goodbye.
Me: Well you're the only one in the family who isn't. So say something.
Geo: No, I'm listening for the splash.
Me: Well you won't hear it. I coax it out not force it out. No 3-2-1 blast off here.
Geo: Boring.

4. Trolling New Jersey for good scrapbooking supplies.
5. How our daughters like to feed me the "good" Kix, i.e. the ones they've already chewed a bit and made soft. Yes it's disgusting. But it's part of being a parent.

4 Movie Scenes That Make Me Tear Up Like A Wus
(and no, they're not the only ones)


1. When Liv Tyler and Bruce Willis say goodbye in Armageddon because he's about to die. I straight up BAWL during this scene. I'm close to my dad though.
2. When Ariel hugs her father King Triton in The Little Mermaid and then him and Prince Eric bow to each other while the merpeople cheer. On a side note, in the real fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, the Prince marries the wrong broad and the little mermaid throws herself into the sea (legs and all) and becomes sea foam then air. Not exactly something you want to read to the kiddos.
3. When Nigel the Pelican tells Nemo that his dad has been searching the whole ocean looking for him and that music starts playing in Finding Nemo.
4. When Goose dies in Top Gun, obviously. "Sir, you have to let him go sir!" Oh and when Sally Field has her meltdown in Steel Magnolias. Yeah I know that's 5 but I forgot about the Nemo one and I don't want to change everything around.

3 Books I Want

1. Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore (actually I want to read all his books and I've only read Lamb, Fluke and The Stupidest Angel.)
2. The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls
3. What's Going on in There? : How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life by Lise Eliot (Hey, at least one book on this list should be useful.)

2 Songs That Have Been Stuck In My Head For Weeks
1. "Baby It's Cold Outside" (that duet from Elf)
2. That one song Tom sings when he's trying to impress the girl cat and Jerry's trying to sabotoge it. I don't know what it's called but it goes "Would you be, would you be my baby..."

1 Relatively Uninspired Blogger (in case you couldn't tell)

No comments: