April 22, 2005

The Food Whore Strikes Again

The Food Whore Strikes Again

I've had dinner with 4 different guys in the last week. Am I a hooker or what. I am seriously going to have to keep a tally of how many dinners I owe people from the last year or so. Either that or pay some chick to start doling out sexual favors for me. The amount I'd have to pay her to give out 100 blowjobs would still be vastly cheaper than paying back all those meals and enough liquor to inebriate the population of Myanmar. Then again they don't have much food there so they'd get drunk pretty fast.

Steve and I hit up Garage in the Village, which served the most amazing spinach and chicken quesadillas ever, followed by creamy lobster ravioli and the best creme brulee I've had in the last two years. Paul and I hit up some joint in Hoboken that served... I don't know. A shitload of pretty strong liquor. Mike and I hit up Cheesecake Factory last night and had their "Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp" (snicker) and Crispy Fried Beef, both of which were good as hell. And my darling husband Geo and I had dinner all the rest of the nights, which I cooked so it was decent but not decadent. That was more eating out than I've done in the past two months. I feel almost gluttonous but that would imply that I had that capability. So, nothing.

I suppose at the ripe old age of 28 I shouldn't be looking at things like this ever again but...



Heh. And that was just the after dinner drinks at one place. Gotta love it.

Me: It'd be fun seeing The Beach Boys in a reunion concert.
Mike J: I've seen them. It was just in '89.
Me: Yeah okay. I was 11 then.
Mike J: Really?
Me: No.
Me: Twelve?
Me: Yup.
Mike J: Great.
Me: What can I say, you're old.

Mike J: Thank Gosh it's Friday.
Me: Did you just say "Thank Gosh?"
Mike J: Um....... yeah.
Me: Just checking.

I'd have things to say about Paul and Steve too but they're not as open to letting me air their shit out in public as Mike is.

No comments: