May 22, 2005

Foodmart International

Foodmart International

We hit up Foodmart International on 1 and 9, a huge grocery that has specialty items from about a hundred different countries it seems. It's oddly comforting to be in places like that, because if you have an ethnic background, you find a whole bunch of foods from your childhood that you don't normally see. I myself stocked up on lychee pudding, shrimp chips, cantaloupe punch and mango juice. I could easily blow a few hundred bucks in there on snacks alone.

I didn't have my camera with me but I should have thought to bring it. Because the packaging and descriptions on international food products is always hysterical. One bottle I saw was so damn funny I just straight out and bought it:


Their slogan could be "Cock Brand... Bringing You Our Special Sauce For Over 40 Years."

Or maybe "Cock Brand... Smells Like Fish But Tastes Like Cock." Of course, that latter slogan would most like appeal only to bisexuals and I don't know how many of those are in their target demographic.

12:46 p.m. edit: OR MAYBE... "Cock Brand Special Sauce... Put It In Your Mouth and Swallow."

No comments: