April 27, 2006

Helllooooooo

Helllooooooooooo... Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Seriously, where is everyone? *forlorn half wave* I'm not a comment whore but I do like to be spoken to every now and again. So that I know everyone's alive and dandy. It's like someone took the peanut gallery and beamed them to the Land of No Internet. Dude, that land sucks. Really, I've been there and it does. Did I somehow manage to piss off all of my friends at once? That would be an impressive feat, even for me.

A few things:

1. This blog is here to stay. That thing I posted on April 1st was a joke. People keep asking if I'm shutting this thing down and I realized that a lot of people just read the posts then bounce. Anyhoo, after I posted that serious message about closing up shop here, I posted a message in the comment box that said "APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!"

2. Dave from Maximum Awesome and I are guest bartenders at a fundraising event this weekend in NYC. It's 50 bucks all you can drink TOP SHELF (very key words) or you can just pay as you go. But any good alcoholic can do the math and realize that 50 bucks is a steal in the city.

Some things to note about the last few times I bartended:

-I drank as much as I poured. (Won't happen this time though, because it's an actual charity event. I don't think my karma can handle the negativity of getting wasted at a charity event and causing a rumble. To ensure this, I'm bringing my adored husband Geo along to keep my ass in line.)
-Some lesbians almost kidnapped my friend. (So if you come, bring someone to protect you from roving bands of marauding lesbians.)
-I didn't know where anything was so every time someone ordered a shot I selectively heard "Jaegermeister" since they had it ON TAP. (Again, won't happen this time around since I will be on my best behavior... and they don't have Jaegermeister on tap.)
-The drinks were a bit strong. Just call me hammer hand. ("I said when motherfucker, WHEN!!!")

Be there or be multiplied by yourself. And say hello will ya. Blurking on the blog is fine but blurking in real life is cause for a restraining order.

No comments: