July 11, 2006

Tequila Shots For The Radio: Volume 16

Tequila Shots For The Radio: Volume 16

The musical theme (stolen from one of Adam's shows a few weeks ago) was "Random Cover Songs" and included:

Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera" (covered by Blink 182)
Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" (covered by Lauryn Hill and somebody I think)
David Bowie/Queen's "Under Pressure" (covered by My Chemical Romance and The Used)
Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me" (covered by Letters To Cleo)
Stevie Wonder's "Lately" (covered by Jodeci)
Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" (covered by The Grand Skeem)
Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" (covered by Johnny Cash)
John Denver's "Leaving On A Jet Plane" (covered by Jewel)

Highlights:
  • There are good things and bad things about living in the ghetto. Well, one good thing really and that is the food. Ethnic food is always best and always cheapest in the ghetto. You can walk into any bodega, plunk down a dollar thirty and get a Jamaican beef patty, which is ridiculously good. If one can avoid trying to ascertain exactly what comprises the "beef" portion of the patty. Because it probably isn't actual beef. One of the bad things however, is that people in the ghetto are heathens when it comes to dogs. They buy aggressive breeds then dump them into shelters. They walk pit bulls without leashes. They let their dogs piss and shit on the sidewalk, then don't bother to clean up after them. It's infuriating.
  • People say that working out gives you enormous bursts of energy. I ran/jogged/walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes yesterday and 50 minutes today. Where is my burst of energy? For my effort I should at least get a similar period of rejuvenation. Instead, I feel like going to sleep and waking up some time in September. Yeah yeah, "blah blah it takes time to blah blah." We are a nation that worships instant gratification. I want to be instantly gratified. Now.
  • Abel has been trying to get me to watch White Noise, that scary ass movie about the guy whose wife dies and he tries to communicate with her through static and shit. That's fucking lovely. As if I should feed my already over-active imagination. The last thing I need is to be jumping and going "Who's there" every time I walk by the humidifier or change the radio station. Also, I forgot to mention this on air but that commercial for Lady In The Water is scary as all fuck. Any time a kid whispers on a commercial it's freaky. Like when the little Mazda commercial kid whispers "zoom zoom" at the end. Scary.
And from the chat room:

Geo: I tried the chocolate protein shakes, they're drinkable.
Abel: I'll trade you two oatmeal protein shakes for two chocolate ones.
Geo: Okay. I tried to get Riss to drink one.
Me: Sperm is not actually a "protein shake."

I don't remember anything else I said. My brain isn't working too well. Endorphins schmendorphins. Also, I have nowhere to toss up archived shows, so for now if you miss the live show then uh, you can come on here and read about it.

No comments: