May 14, 2002

Monday Monday

Monday Monday

My weekend was pretty tame. On Friday we went to Cadillac Bar to see LLB again, which was an awesome decision to have made because they played three sets instead of the usual two. On Saturday I watched Justice League, worked out and sat around in the backyard with a couple of the guys downstairs. Saturday night me and Geo went over to Feo and Alana's for a cards/drinking party. I lost $10 playing blackjack but had a couple really good lychee martinis. Plus I got to see Pete and Angelo who I haven't seen in awhile. After I got home I made my cousins Bodie and Baya play tongits with me so I could make back some of my money hahaha (just kidding guys...)

I've been going through old e-mails at work trying to decide what to forward to my personal account and I came across this one that one of my co-workers sent me last November after a particularly long marketing meeting:

Co-worker: Today's word of the day is "Assmosis -- The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up rather than working hard."
Me: Hahaha or maybe "Repeatoire - When the extent of one's vocabulary consists of parroting their bosses to sound intelligent and appear to be in line with the company's objective to "grow the business"
Co-worker: "Seagull Manager: A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, and then leaves."

Do you ever find yourself repeatedly doing something and you can't stop? Normally I try to pick up after myself. I'll stuff garbage in my pockets to save for a trash can then end up finding them at home three weeks later. But I admit there's one object that I always catch myself littering. For some reason I always litter the clear plastic cellophane at the top of the cigarette pack. Then it blows away and I have to chase it. It's like my mind doesn't recognize it as trash because it's small and clear. Either that or I am so eager to get to my smokes that I do it in haste. Anyway I'm sure some environmentalist is reading this right now and gnashing their teeth in rage because pigeons probably eat the cellophane thing and choke to death like baby seals with the plastic 6-pack rings.

Which reminds me of a funny ass politics e-mail I got once:

A CHRISTIAN DEMOCRAT: You have two cows. You keep one and give one to your neighbor. Then you covet it.

A DEMOCRAT: You have two cows. Your neighbor has none. You feel guilty for being successful. You vote people into office who tax your cows, forcing you to sell one to raise money to pay the tax. The people you voted for then take the tax money and buy a cow and give it to your neighbor. You feel righteous. Barbara Streisand sings for you.

A REPUBLICAN: You have two cows. Your neighbor has none. So?

There's really very little original content on this post huh? It's like the creative part of my mind has shut down. Oh well, I'll try again on Tuesday.

No comments: