August 23, 2002

Annoying Shuttle Drivers

Annoying Shuttle Drivers

Right this moment is the perfect time to be listening to a song that pretty much screams "Let the bodies hit the floor" for 3 minutes and 24 seconds. I woke up this morning (after exactly 3 hours sleep) pissed as hell about someone I know being inconsiderate. As I was riding the little shuttle in to work, my mood worsened due to the fact that the shuttle driver was blasting Spanish music. Normally, I can deal with this. It's annoying as all hell, but normally I can deal with it. Today however, was not one of those days. As I sat there stewing in my rage, I tried to make the time go faster by imagining ways I could destroy the radio. My favorite was the one where I kick the plastic cover in, rip out the unit, then shove it right up the driver's ass. This would serve a dual purpose. First off, it would STOP THE MUSIC. Secondly, it would make me feel great because I HATE these shuttle drivers. I hate them with every fibre of my being. To me, they're right up there with murderers, rapists, pedophiles and car thieves. The reason I hate them so much is because I've been observing them for 6 months now and they're all dickheads. My driver today was a perfect example. This motherfucker sped right on by two old women waiting at a stop by the hospital, but then stopped twenty feet later for some hooch in a tube top who wasn't even waiting at a stop. Yes, yes I know what the guys are thinking. "But it was a TUBE TOP!!!" I realize that. I'm not saying he shouldn't have stopped for the chica. I'm saying he should have picked them ALL up. But he didn't, because the two old ladies weren't even Spanish. It was so sad because they were in the street signalling him from two blocks away and he still didn't even pick them up. Dickhead!!!!!! And the drivers ALWAYS do that, I see them do it at least twice a day. I hope that shuttle company gets shut down and they all get fired. I ought to write a letter. Someone remind me to add this to my growing list of letters that I need to write.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we seemed to have hit every fucking red light in Hudson County, and by the time I got to work I was two "Return to Sender"s away from going postal. I really, really, really really really hate Jersey City. Hate. Loathe. Revile. Detest. Despise. Take your pick, they're all accurate. Okay, I'm over it.

Louis just cheered me up by sending me his "Top 6 Songs Played When Your Character Is In A Movie Fight Sequence" List:

1. Chop Suey - System of a Down
2. Machine Head - Bush
3. Stupify - Disturbed
4. The music played during the final fight scene in Snatch - good shit.
5. Wicked Garden - STP
6. Crazy Train - Ozzy

My list:

1. Bodies - Drowning Pool
2. In The End - Linkin Park (the slow beginning as he surveys the people he's about to whoop... then the beat kicks in, literally).
3. When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
4. Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails
5. Chop Suey - System
6. Down With the Sickness - Disturbed

Now I'm listening to "Outta My Head" or whatever it's called by Kylie Minogue. It's hard to be angry when listening to this song. This is one of those songs that guys like but they don't admit it. Incidentally, Kylie Minogue made a pretty good comeback if you think about it. But if she doesn't come up with another song soon she's going to go down in the music history books as the only person to be a One-Hit-Wonder in two decades, with two different songs. Which I guess would technically make her a Two-Hit-Wonder.

No comments: