January 25, 2005

The 100

The 100

I'm too antsy to formulate a real post. So I'm just going to steal The 100 idea from Mike, which he stole from someone else who stole it from someone else. Not that it's really a break-through idea or anything. And it's 11 p.m. right now so I'm going to try and do it all in one sitting. Just bang this fucker out. Let's do this!!!!!

1. I had a bag of Funyuns, peach-flavored Propel and a sugar cookie the size of my head for dinner.
2. But right now I am chewing Orbit bubblemint gum. What, you thought I wouldn't start with food?
3. I just picked an ant out of my drink.
4. But I'm gonna keep drinking it anyway.
5. I've never had the chicken pox.
6. If I could have sex with a cartoon character I'd bang Batman. Both of them. But not at the same time because then Bruce Wayne would be old as hell.
7. Three weeks in and I'm totally failing on every single resolution I made.
8. I used to hate guacamole but now I love it. Indian food too.
9. This is making me hungry. FOCUS.
10. I love peach tulips.
11. The best day of my life was the day my daughters were born.
12. My family, relatives and friends I grew up with pronounce my name "Mah-ree-sah." Everyone else says "Muh-ri-sa."
13. I like "Riss" better than "Muh-ri-sa."
14. I probably have about 3 cavities right now. My dentist is going to kill me.
15. But he used to tell me sick jokes while drilling (my teeth) plus it's more money for him anyway.
16. My favorite song in the history of music is Pachelbel's Canon in D.
17. My favorite book in the history of literature is Margaret Mitchell's Gone With The Wind.
18. My favorite non-cartoon show in the history of television is Friends.
19. My favorite movie in the history of cinema is Top Gun.
20. I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver.
21. I volunteered at a teen suicide hotline for 3 years in high school.
22. The last time I slept more than 5 hours straight was in May of 2003.
23. The last time I traveled out of North America was to the Philippines in September 2000.
24. The last time I was on a plane was 3am on September 11, 2001 (LAX-Newark).
25. I miss playing dodgeball every week.
26. I also miss having disposable income.
27. I miss eating at Chili's, The Olive Garden and Cheesecake Factory every week.
28. I also miss that Chinese buffet place in Sayreville. They have crab legs the size of my arm.
29. Now I'm REALLY hungry.
30. I am a total pansy when it comes to books and movies.
31. I cry at the end of The Little Mermaid when Ariel hugs her dad.
32. I almost got my dad's ass kicked at a Raiders game when I was 6.
33. Yes, I was mouthy even back then.
34. My favorite colors are lavender, lilac, rose, deep red and sage.
35. I just opened another bag of Funyuns. And another bottle of Propel. And got another cookie the size of my head.
36. I believe in ghosts and aliens.
37. I don't believe in magic or magical creatures but would think it was cool if I was wrong.
38. My bedroom walls are lined with Amy Brown art in frames that match the prints.
39. The only people I've ever asked for autographs from were Stefan Edberg and Martina Navratilova (both at the '90 U.S. Open).
40. This is taking too long because I keep re-positioning everything.
41. I like dogs.
42. I don't like cats.
43. I am allergic to cats and seafood.
44. I eat seafood anyway. But not cats.
45. I was in a beauty pageant when I was 15. Didn't know how to get out of it. Came in 3rd.
46. I was ranked 11th in the city of Los Angeles for tennis among high-school girls.
47. The last time I played tennis was in November 2002.
48. I kicked Geo's ass.
49. I'm running out of things to say. Which is odd because I really thought I was self-absorbed enough to do this fairly easily.
50. I am determined to finish this in one sitting.
51. I am distracted because I think I'm going to puke.
52. I hate it when you go to the bathroom and push, strain and threaten but nothing happens.
53. I was talking about removing blackheads.
54. I loathe people who send chain letters. You stupid fucks.
55. My favorite non-alcoholic drink is cantaloupe juice.
56. Sometimes I miss living in Los Angeles.
57. The song "Baby It's Cold Outside" has been stuck in my head almost non-stop since I saw Elf for the first time last week.
58. Geo has said he will learn the guy's part so we can karaoke it.
59. Right now we always karaoke "All I Have To Do Is Dream" by the Everly Brothers.
60. My favorite childhood memory is houseboating in Lake Havasu, Arizona. We used to dive off the top into the lake.
61. Tarantulas gross me out.
62. My favorite basketball player is Allan Houston. But only because he bought six extra raffle tickets from me once, when I was bored at my charity dinner table and volunteered to sell them.
63. God this is taking a long time. It's been an hour already.
64. People keep sending me IMs though.
65. My daughters' first and middle names were all taken from books I read as a child. Other names on the list were Vivian, Evangeline, Angelica, Francesca, Savannah, Glory, Georgianna, Ariana and Laurel.
66. I can't write poetry. Let me rephrase that, I can write horrible poetry.
67. I am a registered Republican. But you all knew that.
68. I am not a fan of political extremists though, on either side.
69. I have one of those invisible cuts on my finger. I can feel it but can't see it.
70. I took piano for 13 years, the french horn for 2 and guitar for 1.
71. I don't play any instrument well right now.
72. That might be because I don't own any.
73. I have stitches on my right knee (sliding into home when I was 11), top of my head (jumping off stairs when I was 14) and the corner of my left eye (corner of a table when I was 2 and pretending I was a helicopter.)
74. I have three tattoos, a dragon on my back, the sun and stars of the flag of the Philippines above it and a rose on my ankle.
75. I am planning to get at least one more.
76. My dream home would have a tennis court, library with floor to ceiling shelves and a movie theatre with surround sound of course.
77. My favorite smell is bacon frying.
78. The last book I read (that I hadn't read before) was The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore.
79. My bad habits include cursing, staying up too late and picking my scabs.
80. My degree is in Business Economics from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
81. Thus, I am a Banana Slug.
82. Somewhere out there are videos of me dancing in a cage.
83. I once hiked to the top of a mountain in Yosemite, while hung over to hell and back.
84. I have been drunk enough to puke in public three times. Outside a club in Boston, outside Tony's house and outside my own.
85. But I have cleaned up other peoples' puke about a hundred times.
86. I just got my foot caught in a bunch of wires and tripped trying to stand up.
87. I once saw a girl who lived down the street from me in L.A., for the first time in 5 years, in Lake Lucerne, Switzerland, in some tiny little inn.
88. I am a member of mensa, not that I've ever done anything with it.
89. I have no desire to skydive. Except if I were a member of the President's staff and Air Force One had just been hijacked by terrorists from Kazakhstan.
90. My first rock concert was Bon Jovi/Skid Row in 1988 I think.
91. I went with some friends... and my mom.
92. My first real boyfriend's name was Benjamin Spencer. He looked like a cross between Axl Rose and Mike Patton, the lead singer of Faith No More.
93. I want to go whale-watching. I haven't gone since college.
94. I have only been to the beach once since moving to New Jersey in 1997.
95. My favorite chocolates are Godiva hazelnut shells and See's molasses chips.
96. I prefer staying home with a movie to going out but get lured out by the prospect of good food.
97. I don't miss working, but I miss the conversations at work with Pete, Kwame, Kaan and Lani at the NBA and Paul and MPip at that other place.
98. I wouldn't mind living in the Pacific Northwest, even if they're predicting it'll be underwater eventually.
99. I can't wait until the sixth Harry Potter book comes out. I was in the hospital when the fifth one came out so Geo had to go stand in line at the bookstore at 7am.
100. I love that guy. Too bad I'm not knocked up right now so I could once again avoid having to stand there for 2 hours.

No comments: