Tag You're It
Well, I've been tagged. No, someone didn't run up and scrawl their nickname on my back with a permanent marker. I mean I got hit up with one of those things that I don't know the official word for. So instead of the right word I will say I got "slamblogged" because that's what it feels like to me. Like in junior high when those little books went around and you had to fill them out with your favorite shit and who was the biggest ho.
Number of Music Files On My Computer:
A whole damn lot. Who knows the exact amount of songs they have?
Last CD I Bought:
Some dancehall reggae CD from that questionable music store at the Newport Mall, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I can't find it but it had all the best reggae songs like "Wicked Hot This Year" "Under The Sycamore Tree" "Action" "Ah Who Say Me Dun" "Limb By Limb" -- and that one song that I don't know the name of but it goes something like "Girl, you look so fine every time you pass in a boom boom caaar..."
Song Playing Right Now:
"I'll Fly With You" by Gigi D'Agostino. I know.... I'm so gay. I love this song though.
5 Songs That Have Meaning For Me:
1. "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding (Me and Geo's "official song")
2. "All I Have to Do Is Dream" by The Everly Brothers (Any of their songs actually, because they remind me of my dad)
3. Mozart's "Requiem" (My favorite song/piece in the history of music.)
4. "Por Una Cabeza" (The tango song from Scent of a Woman. It's uplifting.)
5. The main theme from Top Gun (It reminds me of my childhood, it's me and Geo's favorite movie AND we used it for the intro portion of our twins' first year video.)
5 Songs I Listen To A Whole Damn Lot:
1. Pachelbel's "Canon in D" (The 30-minute version)
2. "The Whole World" by Outkast
3. "In The End" (Linkin Park)
4. "Shook Ones" by Mobb Deep
5. "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by The Police
5 Songs That Hype Me Up
1. "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones
2. "Ready To Go" by Republica
3. "O Fortuna" by Apotheosis
4. "Magic Carpet Ride" by The Mighty Dub Kats
5. "Chop Suey" by System of a Down
Best Song To Have Sex To:
"Closer (I Wanna Fuck You Like An Animal)" by Nine Inch Nails OR "When Doves Cry" by Prince.
Best Song To "Make Love" To:
"Here With Me" by Dido OR "The Beautiful Ones" by Prince.
5 Songs That Make Me Think of Specific People:
1. "Take It Easy" by Mad Lion (makes me think of Ben Lee)
2. "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde (makes me think Abel)
3. "Beat That Bitch With A Bat" by who knows, that random house song (makes me think of Dean)
4. "How I Could Just Kill A Man" by Cypress Hill (makes me think of Tony, not because I want to kill him but because we used to listen to Cypress all the time)
5. "Where My Girls At" by 702 (makes me think of Lani)
10 CDs You'd Pick To Be Stuck In Your Car Radio:
1. Big Ones (Aerosmith)
2. Les Miserables (Original London Cast)
3. People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm (A Tribe Called Quest)
4. The Best of OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark)
5. Amadeus (Soundtrack)
6. Cypress Hill (Cypress Hill)
7. Purple Rain (Prince)
8. Enter The Wu-tang (26 Chambers) (Wu-Tang Clan)
9. Every Breath You Take: The Singles (the Police)
10. Only A Lad (Oingo Boingo)
5 People Who I'm Passing The Baton To:
Anyone who feels like it, feel free to answer. Except Mike. Because I can't take the shit he listens to.
I know some people think these things are lame, and to be honest most of them are. But when you've been blogging for over 3 1/2 years, every so often these come in handy. Oh, and people who think they're too good for these things because they're not "creative enough" are pedantic fucks.