August 9, 2005

Stuff In My Head

Stuff In My Head

1. First and foremost, got to have a blog moment of silence for Peter Jennings. I really liked and respected him as a journalist. So many journalists seem to get tainted by their profession, but he never seemed to. I admired how he never stopped wanting to learn. He never seemed above anything and always gave insight that made you stop and think about your own opinions. I may be biased though because as a child, whenever something scary happened in the world, aside from my parents, he seemed to be a voice of reason. A compassionate and solemn voice relating events as they occured without sensationalizing them or using them to further his own agendas. It doesn't make sense but he was one of those random figures that just seemed like he was always going to be there. That my grandkids would turn on the television at some crucial moment in history and he'd be there, documenting it or celebrating it. I think television journalism, journalism in general really, will be missing something significant with his passing.

2. I was outside my house yesterday and some guy rolled by in a Chevy Impala bumpin' "Take On Me" by A-Ha. I mean BUMPIN' it. Is it me or is that really fricken funny. See, life in the ghetto isn't always annoying. It has its moments.

3. I had a June Cleaver moment tonight. My first attempt at lasagna was a resounding success. Well, maybe you need more than two people to use the word resounding. But Geo and I reeeaaaaaalllly liked it. I loaded it up with mozzarella, ricotta and my special sauce, and paid for it later but oh well. Damn you lactose intolerance! Damn you to hell! Speaking of which, that phrase is kind of amusing in its redundancy because where else can one be damned to? Well there's always Nebraska I guess. Damn you to Nebraska!!! (Just kidding BH.)

4. We watched Eurotrip for the first time a month ago, and again last night. I was pleasantly surprised with the movie (why am I so "pleasantly surprised" these days), it was pretty good. That Lustra song "Scotty Doesn't Know" is a damn catchy song. Even more than the dread "Gasolina" song because we can actually sing along with the lyrics. This was me and Geo watching the movie last night:

Geo: Dude, how does he not know he's kissing his sister?
Me: They're pretty wasted. You've never been at a party and been so drunk someone kisses you and you don't even really know who they are?
Geo: No, I've never been that trashed.
Me: Oh. Um, me neither.

5. Here is my picture of the day, courtesy of some ghetto little booth at Jersey Gardens while we were waiting for Fantastic Four to start:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


We saw the grafitti, saw the "Touch of Class" decorative option and couldn't resist. We probably should have though.

No comments: