July 14, 2006

Blog-A-Thon 2006

Blog-A-Thon 2006

I forgot to mention something else people can get me for my 30th birthday. Instead of a gift off my wishlist, you can donate a few bucks and sponsor me and the rest of the Mango Radio DJs in the 2006 Blog-A-Thon. We are blogging for the charity Unlocking Autism. Or, if there's a specific cause you want to support, donate to one of the other bloggers participating. They cover a wide range of charities, from Web Kittyn who is blogging for the New York Humane Society, to Jeckles who is blogging for Freedom From Hunger, to Utopia who is blogging for the Special Olympics of Georgia.

I'm not going to guilt anyone or pressure any of my friends (many of whom contributed to my total of $1500 in the March of Dimes Walk-A-Thon awhile back). Wait, that was two years ago. Oh then I'm absolutely going to guilt and pressure you guys (just kidding.) But skip that afternoon latte, and maybe tomorrow's and sponsor us!! If anything, it will allow you to walk around and say to people in a snooty upper class voice, "Oh yes, I give to charity. Do you??" And that's always fun!

No comments: