June 22, 2007

Thoughts On A Friday Night

Thoughts On A Friday Night

I assume it's counter-productive to be riding your exercise bike while eating a Rainbow Twizzler.

Rainbow Twizzlers rock your mom, seriously.

I love women with breast implants, they always invite people to feel them. It's like you're a lesbian for 8 seconds.

Chris Rock makes me laugh.


"There's a white, one-legged busboy in here that
wouldn't trade places with ME. And I'm RICH."

Conversations with kids are fun. I recently had one with Faithie that went like this:

Faithie: I have to call Ninong Abel.
Me: You can't honey, he's on an airplane right now.
Faithie: I want to go on an airplane.
Me: Really, where do you want to go?
Faithie: To Australia.
Me: What are you going to see in Australia?
Faithie: The ocean. And boats. Boats go in the water.
Me: That's true. What about airplanes?
Faithie: They fly in the sky.
Me: What else flies in the sky?
Faithie: Helicopters. And Superman.
Me: Who else flies?
Faithie: Martian Manhunter. And Wonder Woman. But not Batman. Batman has to run.

Incidentally, neither of my children will respond to their real names anymore. I believe they want to legally change their names to "Wonder Woman" and "Martian Manhunter."

It's birthday season. Birthdays often depress people but I don't get this. Birthdays mark another year you didn't get hit by a bus. What's depressing about that?

I expected Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer to be a lot better than it was. If you don't read comics (thus not caring about whether or not the movie stays true to storylines) and liked the first one, the second one is pretty much the same thing with better effects. But it's the Silver Surfer for God's sake, I was expecting the movie to be on par with Spiderman 2 and Batman Begins. And they already miscast Jessica Alba as Sue Storm, despite the fact that Sue Storm is supposed to be the All-American blond, blue-eyed girl next door. The dye job and contacts didn't magically fix things.

The Transformers trailer they showed was hot though, Starscream looked awesome. He'll probably stay awesome until he opens his mouth.

No comments: